Sign Up for Free Meal Deliveries During School Closure
Lyle School District families can use this form to sign up for free deliveries of food for children ages 1-18 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Sign up HERE for meal deliveries during the extended school closure, March 17 - April 24, 2020. Note: the form has a series of questions. Please answer to the best of your ability. Even if you don't fill in all of the fields, make sure to check "DONE" at the end of the survey to ensure your responses are uploaded.
If you have trouble accessing the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your name and contact information (email and phone)
- Your childrens' names, ages and bus route and stop. If you aren't sure, you can look them up here.
- Whether you have internet and devices at home that will allow your child to access online learning activities.
- And, finally, if you know someone else who may need food services whether they have children in school or not, let us know. They can also be other adults or young children in your home. We are working hand-in-hand with several community partners who want to fill in the "food gaps" in our community during this time.
More Information on Community Efforts to Ensure Everyone in the Community is Fed
- Typical breakfast and lunch deliveries might include cereal, milk, sandwiches, fruit and/or vegetables and prepackaged food items like string cheese and granola bars.
- The supplemental backpack meals that typically come home on Fridays will be delivered along with the Thursday breakfast and lunch delivery. (We want to thank our anonymous community donor who makes this possible year round, not just at this time!)
- We are pleased the Lyle Lions will be partnering with us to help fill in the food gaps for families and elders in our community. We are also in touch with WAGAP regarding food bank services, and will share more information about accessing these services as soon as possible. Parents, please watch your email, answer calls from the school, and check the website or Facebook so you don't miss important information.
- In an effort to better understand community need, our school is working with the Lyle Community Council and other community helpers to address or refer needs resulting from closure and shortages related to the virus. We know some community members live in pretty isolated locations. If you or someone you know is in need, have them email (or email for them) support@lyleschools or call 509-365-2211 x121. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours. If there is an emergency or urgent need, call 911.
As we begin this process, there may be a few snags along the way. Be patient with us, especially the delivery team on the buses, this is the first time we've attempted to do this. We expect demand for meals to increase as word of this service gets out, and we will keep forms on the buses and on the website for people to sign up for meal deliveries.